11 Jun 2009

Back in Paris, 9th June 09

boat-seine-2 124


I'm back in Paris for a much-needed two weeks stay there.

bench-sunset-seine-2 096




I went back to the Caveau de la Huchette, where Nico and the Rhythm Dudes were playing. Sadly, the barman, my pal, Ignacio, retired two years ago, but I chatted a bit with the new barman and we shook hands when I left.

On the way I had a meal at Espace Petit Pont, by the Seine. A huge coktail with firework in it was delivered to four young Americans at the next table. I took some photos and gave them my blog address when I left - as well as remarking on their liking for the word "like" :-)

amer-paris-4 027

amer2-paris-4 028

amer3-paris-4 029


cu-sunset-2 094




bar-boat-ndame-2 131

bar-stork--2 115



I've already been back to my beloved Trois Mailletz:

a-trois-m-extern-2 158

(despite the two guys exiting, it's not a gay place :-) )



The usual pianist and one of the regular opera singers greeted me - just like old times:

a-singer3-2 149




A new pianist, the usual one is on the left:

a-guy-pianist-trois-m-2 155



The staff:

bar-girls--2 145




Caveau de la Huchette, Nico and the Rhythm Dudes:

band-cav-huchparis_3 015



cav-singer-paris_3 019



Getting down with the dancers:

cav-sax-in-aud-paris_3 043



Anything you can do ...

duo-cav-paris_3 050




duo-3-cav-paris_3 054



duo2-cav-paris_3 052



band-down-paris_3 048



There's an easy mix of generations - if you can dance - this guy had a great night and was impressively fit:

dancing-generations-paris_3 026



and a mix of nationalities; the couple in front are Russian - and there's Mr. Fitness with another young woman:

cav-dancers-paris_3 034




Having a great time:

couple-laugh-paris_3 060




On the way back - defending the medical system:

affiche-contra-bachelot-paris_3 072



2 am - Paris almost to myself (very low light level - sharpened a lot, I like it, looks a bit like an etching):

dame-2am-paris_3 068




It's almost like ...

heaven-2 075



Though not for everyone:

guys-on-street-2 067



Parisian activist:

activist-2 026

No comments: